May 2, 2010

First Motorcycle Ride

Today Brian took me out on the motorcycle for the first time! And now it's official: I'm addicted.

It was supposed to be rainy today, but when we woke up at 9 to sunny skies, we immediately "geared up" for a day trip. Brian's mom and my mom would be happy to know that before I even got near the bike, Brian went over several safety rules with me. As I write that, I realize you're probably thinking he was joking around, saying things like, "Don't jump off the bike while it's still moving. And no tickling." But that wasn't the case - he was very informative and safety-conscious.

Once we got on the bike, we headed out on the open road! We were only on the autobahn for a few miles. The rest of the trip we were on back roads that led through forested areas, beautiful open fields, and quaint, tiny towns. I realized about 45 minutes into the trip that I had been grinning almost the entire time! I wish I had brought our camera - the view was spectacular.

After a couple of hours, we decided to stop for a lunch break. We found a restaurant that looked good on the outside, but the inside was hideously decorated. We couldn't stop making fun of it - peachy-pink colored walls, a random assortment of paintings that did not match at all, old fake flower arrangements, and random white column figurines everywhere. Very odd. But lucky for us! The pizza was the best we've had in Germany! All of a sudden, we didn't care what the restaurant looked like. haha!

After lunch, we headed back to Frankfurt. It was a great first ride, and it made me really excited about the motorcycle trips we're planning for this summer!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying Brian's new toy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are crazy! Thanks Brian for keeping Kimmy safe :-) Glad ya'll are having so much fun with the new bike. You are so european now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. That was of course Missy...on Cliff's computer :-)

    ReplyDelete