Sep 22, 2009

Fall Festivities!

Last night, Brian and I went to Frankfurt's Autumn Dippemess, which is an annual fair to celebrate fall. They had some great rides and all of the wonderful German treats - bratwurst, pommes frites (french fries), crepes, and sugar nuts! Because it was the last night of the festival, they also had a fireworks display. Just before the fireworks started, Brian came up with a great idea...and I quote: "Let's get sugar nuts and ride the ferris wheel and watch the fireworks!" It really was the most genius idea ever. We were eye-level with the fireworks, and we could see the Frankfurt skyline in the distance. I've never watched fireworks from the sky, but it is definitely something I would recommend! I couldn't stop smiling the entire time.

Then, as we were heading back to the U-bahn (subway), we heard club music and lots of jubilant screaming, so of course we needed to check it out. I never would have expected what I saw next (at what had appeared to be a very kid-friendly festival) - a dude on stage dancing in tiny skin-tight leather shorts! There was a male strip show going on at an autumn fair! I found it quite hilarious.

It was a great night, and the best beginning of autumn I've ever experienced!



2 comments:

  1. Brian gets the "best idea of the beginning of autumn" award. Awesome video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great celebration! I think my smile would last until tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete