Aug 23, 2011

Mckenzie and Joe's Reception in Texas!

August 4-8

I was so excited to go back to Texas for Mac and Joe's wedding reception - I couldn't wait to see my favorite newly wed couple!! Which was why I was TERRIFIED when the German air traffic control people threatened to go on strike from 6am to noon on the day of my flight. My flight was at 11. All day Wednesday I was so worried! And then at 7pm everyone finally made up, and my flight was still on - Yay!!

So on Thursday I had a nice flight back to Texas and went straight to Taco Bueno with the fam! It was so great to be at home and to see my family. That night we went to Pappasitos for happy hour with great friends - Mac and Joe, Lindsey and Andrew, Jen, John, Ali, Martha, and Mike and Terry were all there. I love seeing all of our great friends and having delicious margaritas!




When happy hour was over, everyone came back to our house for snacks and more hanging out. And we got to see Mckenzie and Joe's wedding video! It was so good - made me cry! They're so perfect together.

On Friday morning, Mom and I woke up and went for a nice walk. Then we went over to my Aunt Debbie's house to swim with Lindsay and Noah!

Noah with a little "sammich" saved for later

It felt so great to swim (we don't get much of that in Germany), and catching up with Lindsay and Debbie is always so wonderful! Lindsay had a list of great questions that were fun to chat about, and I loved hearing about Noah's adventures.

When we got home, Kelly was there!! Just in time for mani's and pedi's! Kel, my mom, and I went to our favorite place and talked while we had relaxing treatments.

Then it was reception time! Nails done and ready to party!

John picked up Kelly and me and drove us to Jen's house to pick her and Steven up. While Jen finished getting ready, Steven mixed up some happy hour drinks.


Minus the drinks, being back in Jen's house reminded me of all of the great times we had with friends at her house growing up. Such good memories!

When everyone was ready, we drove to Fort Worth for the party! We were a little early, so we went to Whisky and Rye Bar for a little pre-reception Queso Fundido - awesome, I love Texas.


The reception was perfect!! I got to see so many dear friends, eat delicious food (and eat probably too much spectacular wedding cake), and dance the night away with family and friends to a great band! There was even a gator-off :)

Mom and me

Maid of Honor Taylor and Jenny

The gorgeous Bride and me

We are fam-i-ly! Kelly, Mom, and me

I think this was the only time Joe stood still the entire night! He definitely danced the night away.
Bride and Groom and Kel and me

FFFL! Kristen, me, Mac, and Jenny

The after-party was in Mckenzie and Joe's suite! It was a huge suite with a game room, bar, living room, and dining room that all had a great view of down town Fort Worth.


On Saturday, Kelly, Mom, and I went on a walk in the morning. When we got back from our walk, Dave was at the house! He had come to Arlington for the night (poor guy had to work the night before, so he missed the reception). We all loaded into the car and drove to Debbie's for another day of sun and swimming! We all had Sonic for lunch - burgers, jalepeno poppers, cherry limeades - the works! I cherished every second of our family being together, hanging out, and just relaxing.

Family time at the pool!

Noah and Dad hangin' out

Fun in the sun! Me, Kev, Kel, and Dave

For dinner Saturday night, Papa, Debbie, Bruce, and Noah came over for delicious chicken grilled by my dad.



On Sunday, we had family time in the morning, and then my dear friend Catherine came over to visit for a couple of hours.


We all went out to lunch at Boomerjack's, and Dave's parents came along as well. Gotta love Boomerjack's fried pickles! Unfortunately, Dave had to head back to Houston after lunch, but I'm so thankful that he took the time to come to Arlington to hang out while he could!

Love my fam!

Next on the agenda, Charming Charlies! I love going to that store with my mom and sister. It's so fun to pick up some new, fun jewelry.

That evening, we all went to the Ranger game, and John, Mckenzie, and Joe met us there. We had a nice breeze, and it was an awesome game! The Rangers were down till the 8th inning, but we came back to win it!

God bless Texas!




On Monday morning, I woke up early to pack so that Mom, Kelly, and I could go on one more walk before I had to leave. But when we got home and I checked my flight status, it was delayed! Remember that strike that almost kept me from coming to Texas? Well now it was going to keep me IN Texas! I wasn't complaining :) In fact, because of my flight delays, I got to have lunch with Kev, and he brought me one last cherry limeade from Sonic! But then it was time to go. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to come home for a few days, though. It was a fun-filled weekend, and I enjoyed every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment