Mar 14, 2010

A Visit to TEXAS!

I went back to the States for training for two weeks, so I had a weekend to kill in the good ol' USA! What did I do for my weekend of glorious American fun?? Went to Texas, of course! Because of my training schedule, I could only be home for Friday night and Saturday, but it was totally worth it!! My Mom, being the scheduling master that she is, was able to squeeze in a lot of fun things into that short time.

When I arrived on Friday night, we headed straight for Taco Bueno for fast food Mexican delicious-ness. Oh, how I love Bueno! When we got home, my favorite kind of cake was waiting for me - red velvet with cream cheese icing! My family has been going to the same bakery for red velvet cakes for at least 25 years, and we get the same cake for every birthday we celebrate. It is such a delicious tradition, and I was so excited to get to celebrate my birthday early with my family! Thanks, Mom!!


On Saturday morning, my mom, Kelly, and I went on a quick shopping spree in Kelly's new car! Notice how we are wearing t-shirts - I was SO happy to be in warmer weather!


To really take advantage of the gorgeous weather, we came home from shopping to enjoy an afternoon happy hour on our deck. I loved spending quality girl time with my mom and sister!



My dad and Kevin had baseball stuff to do all morning, so they met up with us at home and brought us Sonic burgers and cherry limeades for lunch - yum!

This is a bench my dad built in our backyard. It is so comfortable!

After lunch, we met up with my Aunt Debbie, Uncle Bruce, Cousin Lindsay, and her baby Noah at Kevin's baseball game. We had a great time watching Kev play and catching up with the fam!

Noah is getting so big! He's SO precious!!

Good game, Kev!


That evening, we met up with my dad's three sisters, Nita, Ann, and Sheryl. They live in West Texas but were in town for a garden show. I hadn't seen my aunts in almost three years, so it was fun to see them and catch up!

My dad and his sisters
We all went out to dinner at Papasitos for some delicious Mexican food and the world's best margaritas! I really miss having good Mexican food in Germany, so I couldn't get enough of it while I was home.


Then on Sunday morning, sadly, I had to fly back to Virginia. I had so much fun with my family and was thankful for the opportunity to see everyone. It really was the perfect weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me homesick and hungry for Mexican food! Countdown for me: 2 months! Can't wait. Looks like your short time at home was fun!

    ReplyDelete